There are scores of [[Serverless MOC|Serverless]] [[AWS Services]], but there are still some use cases where AWS doesn't provide a serverless offering (or it does, but the service is unsatisfactory).
*List last updated: 2022-03-29*
- Multi-faceted and full-text search (see [[What is the most serverless way of doing full-text search]]).
- [[Algolia]] seems best alternative
- ~~[[AWS Kinesis Data Streams]] doesn't follow PAYG serverless pricing~~. UPDATE: [Kinesis Data Streams On-Demand pricing added in Nov 2021](https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/amazon-kinesis-data-streams-on-demand-stream-data-at-scale-without-managing-capacity/)
- Distributed [[Caching services|caching service]] like Redis (or a similar very low-latency key-value distributed cache)
- Future Task Scheduling. AWS does provide some [scheduling primitives](https://serverlessfirst.com/aws-scheduling-primitives/) across different services, but none are ideal for this seemingly simple use case. [Point-in-time Scheduler](https://point-in-time-scheduler.com) is a third-party alternative.
## See also
- [[What makes a service "serverless"]] ?
- [[AWS Wishlist]]
tags: #AWS #Serverless #AWSServices #AWSWishList